12 Dance Studios in Bangkok That Will Get You Grooving Until You’re Fit and Firm
Already have your dancing shoes on, but don't know where to go? Don’t worry; there are plenty of studios around Bangkok where you can put them to work.
Other than at gyms, dance studios have become another favorite option to burn out some of those excess calories. It’s fun, entertaining, and you’ll get to meet a lot of like-minded individuals that’ll make you get your groove on to your favorite tunes.
We’ve selected 12 dance studios with a variety of classes that will get you sweating from start to finish. Have a pick and try them out if it fits your style and it will certainly become part of your routine in no time.
911byJT: The Studio
Other than Zumba, this place is known for its “Piloxing” classes. They will take you through a series of smooth, sexy, and powerful dance moves that’s a mixture of both Pilates and Boxing.
If you’re looking to lose weight, burn excess fat, or even build up muscle, this is definitely a class worth trying out.
- Membership: 500 baht/year
- 4 Classes: 1,600 baht (1 month from starting date)
- 8 Classes: 2,600 baht (1 month from starting date)
- Walk-in: Trampoline 699 baht | Zumba or Fitness 500 baht | Thai Boxing 550 baht
- Promotion: Thai Boxing (4 classes) + Trampoline (4 classes) + Zumba (4 classes) for only 4,888 baht!
If you’d like your favorite songs to get you fit and firm, then this studio is the place to be. They’re known for their Cover Dance classes where their skilled instructors will choreograph the moves from local and international hits.
Other classes include Hip-hop, Street Jazz, K-Pop, and many more styles all for your choosing.
- Walk-in: 500 baht/class | Members: 380 baht/class
- Membership registration: 500 baht + 2 free entry
- Promotion: 10 Classes Package only 3,300 baht (Members Only)
rumPUREE opened since 2006, is the first dance studio in Thailand to offer classes in world dances. They have experienced instructors in Classical (e.g. Ballet, Jazz), Ethnic (e.g. Bellydance, Bollywood), Social (e.g. Salsa, Tango), Popular (e.g. Striptease, Hip-hop), and Fitness (e.g. Zumba, Pole Dance).
One of the most popular classes here is the “Pole Dance” where you’ll be needing every inch of your body muscle to do all the beautiful acrobatics.
- First Timer Class: 400 baht (1 hour) | 600 baht (1.5 hours)
- Single/Drop-In Class: 650 baht (1 hour) | 900 baht (1.5 hours)
- 3-Hours Visitor Class: 500 baht/hour, valid for 7 days
There are 2 branches:
- Amarin Tower
- 2nd floor, Jasmin City Building Asoke
If you’re looking for a spin studio with entire themed sessions dedicated to your favorite artists like R&B/Pop queen Beyonce and Dupstep master Skrillex, then look no further than Tribe.
With their signature high-intensity CYCLE classes, you’ll take part in a workout session that involves biking to the music tempo and moving your body, sometimes with free weights, to your instructor’s lead.
Within a 45 minutes class, you’ll be sure to burn up to 500 - 800 calories. If it’s your first time, try out one class for free!
- 950 baht/class (all types)
- 10 classes (all types): 8,200 baht (shared among 3 people, valid for up to 4 months from registration date)
- Package prices vary for different classes and duration (contact for more info)
Urban Dance Studio
This dance studio located in Sukhumvit area has over 10 dance styles for you to choose from. Whether you’re a beginner that needs to be taught every step or an expert that just wants to dance as a hobby, you can just choose the difficulty that’s fit for you.
One of the popular classes here is the Street Jazz, where you’ll make use of your body muscles to the soulful tunes that require an emotional expression as well.
- First-time trial: 300 baht (1 class) | 1000 baht (3 classes, valid 2 weeks)
- Walk-Ins: 450 baht (60 mins class) | 550 baht (90 mins class)
- Members: 400 baht (60 mins class) | 500 baht (90 mins class)
D Dance Thailand
D Dance Thailand is a dance studio established by one of the most famous dance instructors in Thailand known as "Kru Auu," the secret behind the success of several Thai artists today. The studio offers a variety of dance classes from a team of Thai and international professional choreographers. There's the ATP (Artist Program), ATOD (Australia Teacher of Dance), and exercise classes.
Students of D Dance Thailand includes both adults and children, one of which is Pakwan Sahawong (Mali), who had just showcased her sparkling talents or the world to see with a cover dance of BLACKPINK's global sensation "Kill This Love."
- Each course has different rates. Find out more on the official Facebook page of D Dance Thailand
D maniac Studio
D maniac Studio is a household name in RCA, one of Bangkok's most extensive entertainment and clubbing areas. The team of dance instructors are all highly experienced and won many awards for their talents in both local and international stages. They were also on the World Hip-Hop Dance Championship, an international Hip-Hop dance competition created by Hip Hop International. Have your pick from Hip-Hop, B-Boy, Popping, House, Dancercise, or Waacking and perfect your skills while enjoying a good time.
- Walk-in: 500 THB / class
- Weekly Price: 2,700 THB
- Monthly Price: 6,500 THB
- For per class basis, there are packages of 3, 8, 12, and 20 starting at 1,300 THB. (For more information follow the link below to the official Facebook page of D maniac Studio)
Harlem Shake Studio
One of the brilliant talents behind the success of Harlem Shake Studio is J.DA, a famous Thai choreographer and dance instructor who's worked with countless celebrities and artists. She was also a Dance Trainer in the wildly popular Academy Fantasia (AF) reality television show. J.DA had also won a significant award like Best Choreographer of the Year from the Mnet Asia Music Awards in 2016.
The courses available include Hip-Hop, Poppin', Freestyle, Jazz Funk, Freestyle, Girl's Hip-Hop, and Fusion House at both beginners and expert level.
- Trial Class (First Time) 300 THB
- 900 THB / class
- Course Price: 5,700 THB / 8 classes
S-Popping Dance invites everyone who loves to dance to come out and enjoy their dance classes. You'll find beginner level to professional courses on Hip-Hop, K-Pop, Shuffle, Street, Sexy Dance, Popping, R&B, and Cover Dance. If you prefer to learn with the teacher one-on-one, you can also sign-up for a private class at a date, time, and style of your choosing.
- Group Class 4,000 THB/12 hours (limited up to 10 people)
- Private Class 15,000 THB/15 hours
Whether you love dancing for the art that it is or as a way to stay fit and healthy, Studio Zoom is the place to be. The studio provides a plethora of classes that teach all sorts of dance styles including Contemporary, Jazz, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Street Jazz, and the all-time favorite fat-burning Zumba. Furthermore, the instructors' team is critically acclaimed on both local and international levels, ensuring that you'll be learning from only the best.
- Trial Class (90 minutes) 300 THB or four classes for 1,000 THB (Must be used within 30 days)
- Membership fee 500 THB
- Member Price 550/class (90 minutes)
- Unlimited Package: Access to all classes for 4,500 THB (1 month)
The Inner Studio
The Inner Studio has made quite a name for itself on YouTube for their enjoyable dance workout videos that perfectly combines contemporary music with unique and innovative choreography that you can follow at home. The programs available at this studio include workout dances, K-Pop, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Cover Dance, and many more. The classes use popular Thai music as well as international hits that'll have you dancing along until the end.
- Course price: 4,200 THB (12 sessions)
The Hop is a dance studio that focuses on Swing Dance, a type of dance that gives you more than just a good exercise but also a beautiful form of art where the dancers and express their deepest emotions and thoughts.
The basics of Swing Dance involve only 2-3 moves to the swing style of Jazz music. Available classes include Lindy Hop, Dabova, and Solo Jazz. The best part about this type of dance his how we can get creative and improvise new moves as we perform on the stage. It’s the perfect blend of self-expression, art, and exercise.
If you're unsure if these classes are suited for beginners, there's no need to worry. The instructors at The Hop are amiable and will make sure that you enjoy the best parts of Swing Dance since your first try!
- Initiation Fee 200 THB (1 Free Drink)
- Course Price: 2,400 THB