6 Road Trip Worthy Events Happening This June & July 2018
If you’re someone looking for the perfect weekender out of the city, we’ve got you covered. From beach parties at the hippest locations to day trips and cultural sightings to a large scale global music festival with major performances, the choices are endless! Read on to check out our list of six upcoming events in, and around Thailand that we feel are road trip worthy.
SO Beach Party: Pride Night | Hua Hin
SO Sofitel Hua Hin is known for their themed beach parties that are held on the first weekend of every month. This month’s theme is “Pride Night” and will be held in collaboration with party organizer Trasher who have established themselves as a household name for boisterous parties in Thailand! Get ready to don colorful clothing and party the night away with fire dancers and an intense game of limbo! Guests can indulge in light bites and beautifully crafted cocktails throughout the night and enjoy the beachfront ocean view on comfortable couches. Tickets are now on sale at 400 THB with a complimentary drink and are free entry for SO Sofitel guests. VIP packages are also available for reservations.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Hua Hin:
- Stop by the Kaeng Krachan National Park, Thailand’s largest natural reserve that is home to a plethora of wildlife, rivers, and landscapes.
- Cicada Market is a weekend hot spot for younger crowds to relax in the evenings as stalls contain a variety of Thai delicacies, clothing, handmade goods, and drinks.
- The Vana Nava Hua Hin Jungle Waterpark is one of the most popular ones in the country! The park boasts massive slide structures and numerous interactive areas for people of all ages.
Khanom Festival | Nakhon Si Thammarat
Khanom Festival will be held on the 30th of June at Na Dan Beach of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The underwater-themed music festival features popular Thai acts Atom, Getsunova, Room 39, Wan Thanakrit, 25 Hours and Paradox. The event blends together music, and cuisine aspects as stalls selling a range of delicacies will be on site ready to serve attendees throughout the day! Tickets are currently on sale at 900 THB on Thai Ticket Major.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Nakhon Si Thammarat:
- Check out the Old City Wall and the Nakhon Si Thammarat National Museum for a peek into the coastline city’s history.
- Animal lovers should stop by the Tha Lat Bird Park is home to hundreds of aviaries and beautiful species that are being cared for.
- Last but not least, the traditional Shadow Puppet Museum would be a great destination for art enthusiasts looking to experience something new!
Wet & Wild Festival | Pattaya
Wet & Wild Festival Pattaya will be held on the 7th of July at Cartoon Network Amazone Water Park in Pattaya just a two-hour car ride away from Bangkok. Artists on the billing include popular acts Thaitanium, Urboy TJ, Lipta, Paradox, Slot Machine, Polycat, Thai Hop, and many more! Attendees have the chance of fueling their adrenaline on the many thrill-seeking rides on site. Tickets are currently on sale at 850THB per general admission ticket and at a price of 3,200 for a bundle of 4 on We R Ticket.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Pattaya:
- Relax on the popular Jomtien beach for the sea and the sun.
- Visit Pattaya Walking Street at night that is known for their many stalls and attractions. Food, to bars to souvenirs - you name it, they’ve got it!
- An evening at Tiffany’s Cabaret shows that is guaranteed to impress you with a show-stopping performance of dazzling burlesque!
Day Trip | Amphawa
DJs/Organizers Superstar Panda & Koish bring together the all-new concept of “Day Trips” in collaboration with Soundistan. With the bustling atmosphere of Bangkok city comes the need to unwind for a good 24 hours. If this sounds a tad bit familiar, the upcoming Da Trip: Amphawa edition is just for you! The two-day one-night event invites attendees to a getaway at the Baan Tai Had Resort in Amphawa, a mere 40-minute ride away from the city. Activities on the program include a scenic boat ride at the Amphawa floating market, as well as special day and nighttime events. A lineup consisting of live acts and international guests will be announced soon! Tickets are currently on sale at 3,600 THB for a Bungalow Room inclusive of two tickets, 4,100 THB for a Premium Room inclusive of two tickets, and 800 THB for a singular ticket.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Amphawa:
- Grab a meal at one of Amphawa’s famous seafood restaurants by the sea.
- Check out Doi Hon Lot’s bank of fossilized shells for a cool take on a typical beach setting.
- King Buddhalertla Naphalai Memorial Park is a museum dedicated to antique Thai books and rare collectibles from early-19th-century Siam.
Circuit Festival Asia | Pattaya
The creators of White Party Bangkok and S2O Songkran Music Festival join forces with the producers of Circuit Barcelona to bring the madness to Asia for the first time. The world’s largest gay circuit party comes to the shores of Thailand this coming June 15th to 17th in Pattaya for a weekender of fun. The three-day event consists of four events - the opening party on Friday, the Water Park party on Saturday, the main event on Saturday night and the closing beach party on Sunday. Tickets are now on sale at 6000THB for an all-access general admission pass, and 8000 for an all-access VIP pass. Singular party passes have also been made for purchase. Host hotel and transportation packages to and from Bangkok are also available at the convenience of attendees.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Pattaya:
- Check out Nong Nooch Gardens, one of the most beautiful recreational parks in Thailand that is filled with French-styled floras.
- Give your brain a spin or two at Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum with over 300 mind-boggling exhibits!
- Spend an afternoon on a long-tailed boat ride at the Pattaya Floating Market for a taste of a more traditional Thai experience.
Ultra | Singapore
Singapore in this case is a mere plane ride away! Ultra Music Festival returns to the Lion City this summer on the 15th and 16th of June at Marina Bay Sands Park. The first phase lineup has just been released featuring headliners Afrojack, DJ Snake, Nicky Romero and more. Also worth mentioning is the addition of the Ultra Worldwide stage which will feature the likes of NGHTMRE & SLANDER presents GUD VIBRATIONS, Joyryde, and Cesqeaux. Keep your eyes open for upcoming announcements! Tickets are now on sale at 185 SGD for a two-day general admission pass and 285 SGD for a VIP two-day admission pass. VVIP tables and packages are also available for reservations.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Singapore:
- A day trip to the famed Universal Studios and idyllic Sentosa beach!
- Experience the Singapore Flyer and view the Lion City from a completely mesmerizing perspective above the giant Ferris wheel.
- Visit Singapore’s many historical museums such as the National Gallery and immerse yourself in the vast culture.