Lacoste Releases 2019 Edition of 'Save Our Species' Shirts
Lacoste brings back their conservation awareness campaign by replacing the iconic crocodile with endangered species.
Last year, the French brand Lacoste collaborated with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) on their “Save Our Species” campaign. The iconic crocodile logo is replaced with emblems of the 10 endangered species.
Other than being a massive commercial success, the campaign has received overwhelming praise from international planet lovers. That’s why Lacoste is bringing back the collection for 2019.
The goal is to raise public awareness of wild animals being threatened with extinction. The ten designs feature ten different logos and will be distributed through ten stores worldwide.
What’s more, the production number matches the remaining specimens of the animal. In other words, the rarer the species is, the rarer that particular design will be. It’s going to be quite the challenge to collect all of them!
For the 2019 edition, the collection includes ten new species, which are:
1. The Hawaiian Monk Seal, available online at Lacoste. Only 1,400 remaining.
2. The Moheli Scops Owl, available at Garosu-gil store, Seoul, South Korea. Only 400 remaining.
3. The North Atlantic Right Whale, available at Broadway store, New York, USA. Only 444 remaining.
4. The Iberian Lynx, available at Champs Elysées store, Paris, France. Only 589 remaining.
5. The Yemeni Mouse-Tailed Bat, available at Covent Garden store, London, UK Only 150 remaining.
6. The Northern Hairy-Nosed Wombat, available at Shibuya store, Tokyo, Japan. Only 115 remaining.
7. The Mountain Chicken, available at Lincoln Road store, Miami, USA. Only 132 remaining.
8. The Cebu Damselfly, available at Shanghai Kerry Center store, Shanghai, China. Only 50 remaining.
9. The Addax, available at Kudamm store, Berlin, Germany. Only 90 remaining.
10. The Opal Goodeid, available at Rodeo Drive store, Los Angeles, USA. Only 150 remaining.
There are 3,520 shirts in total, available now through the selected stores. Profits from the sales will be donated to the IUCN to support their conservation efforts.
No matter which locations are the closest to you, or which IG stores you’re ordering these from, you better hurry. Not only that you can hop onto the latest trends, but you’ll also get the chance to help our planet out.