5 Road Trip Worthy Events Happening in Thailand This December 2019 – January 2020
It’s time to call up your friends and get packing for an unforgettable road trip outside of Bangkok to these 5 events this December – January!
As we move closer towards to end of another year, most of us probably have their new year’s countdown plans all set and done. But for those of us who’ve been living in the city for the entirety of the passing year, the thought of sticking around might not be as exciting anymore.
If you're looking to get out of town in search of something new, you've come to the right place! We've put together a list of 5 attractive events outside of town taking place between this December and January of 2020 for you to pick from. Also, whether its countdown events or music festivals that you'll be heading to, you'll have a chance to relax at some of the most popular locations in Thailand and visit all the iconic landmarks it has to offer.
With a trip like this, you’ll be sure to come back feeling all fresh and recharged to start a brand-new year with a bang. It’s time to reward yourself with a change in scenery. Call up your friends, get packing, hop on the car, and get moving!
FLY TO THE MOON 2020 | KOH MAK
“FLY TO THE MOON NYE PARTY 2020” is back for the 8th edition of its signature beachside year-end music festival. Party-lovers can rejoice as this 5-day festival on Koh Mak, a prominent island in the Trat province will last from December 28, 2019, all the way to January 1st of 2020. To add to the excitement, the stage will be set on a different location every day. You'll get experience in a beach party, boat party, countdown party, and even a bungalow party during your entire stay.
There’ll be up to 10 international DJs taking turns putting on a non-stop party setlist for you to enjoy. The lineup includes Kiki (BPitch Control), Danny Faber, Bonita Everitt, Brent Burns, Elaheh, Michi, Janowski, Koish, Luas, Mr. Mowgli, NK Chan, and Tim Roemer
The event will also be hosting several exciting events including yoga, muay Thai, kayaking, cycling, cooking, frisbee tournaments, golf, and even "Trash Hero" (volunteering to pick up trash from the ocean). Other than keeping you occupied during your stay, it's also a great chance to meet new friends from all around the world for a healthy exchange of cultures and ideas.
Find your tickets on Megatix starting from 1,800 THB.
Check-in Worthy Locations on Koh Mak
Koh Mak is known for its pristine beaches and beautiful blue sky. While you'll have a chance to enjoy all the wonderful atmosphere during your stay, make sure you stop by these places for a photo or two and take the memories back home with you.
- The Cinnamon Bridge at Cinnamon Art Resort and Spa: A wooden bridge stretching out into the ocean. Best visited during the day for a stroll, photo session, or just taking in all the view.
- Head in The Cloud Bar & Bistro: Café-lovers can enjoy a sip of coffee right by the beach among all the amazing scenery. As night falls, the venue will put together an area of bean bags for you to watch the sunset.
- Blue Pearl Bar: A bar located right on the ocean where you can enjoy a nice sip of your favorite cocktail while soaking in all the romantic atmosphere the Koh Mak Cococpae Resort has to offer.
THE EXPERIENCE FESTIVAL | KOH TAO
MAGIC PHANGAN PRODUCTIONS invites all Psychedelic Trance fans to join them in closing out the year and welcoming the new year 2020 with the 12th edition of “THE EXPERIENCE FESTIVAL” on the heaven on earth of Surat Thani we call Koh Tao.
Kicking off since December 30, 2019, and closing down on January 2, 2020, the party will be joined by a plethora of international DJs and artists from Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, etc. The lineup will include ANIMALIEN, EGORYTHMIA, FILTERHEADS, AKASHA, BLAIR, FUGUI, OM RAMANA, POLLYFONIKA, SCOTTY, YABBA DABBA and many more that will keep the party going non-stop for 74 hours straight!
Inside, you’ll find a creative line-up of decorations and art visuals from ARTESCAPE, KOSTA DECO, and MAGIC PHANGAN TEAM that’ll transform the party venue into a dreamland of arts and colors unlike any other.
Visitors can enjoy all the amenities the festival has to offer, including a tenting area, clean bathrooms, free parking, 24-hour food stalls, and multiple fashion shops during the day.
If you're still deciding where to go for this year's countdown, be sure to give shortlist this event for your final decision. Tickets are now up on sale at 3,200 THB for a 4-day pass. To grab yours, simply email the event directly with your full name and the number of tickets you'd like to buy. They swiftly reply to you with a payment notice where you can proceed with securing your tickets. Tickets will be available for purchase only up until December 26 and will then cost you 3,500 THB at the door available 12.00 December 28 onwards.
Check-in Worthy Locations on Koh Tao
Since you've already made your way to Koh Tao, why not take a visit to some of these popular landmarks? Drop by one of these spots for an unforgettable experience.
- John-Suwan Viewpoint: The best viewpoint in all of Koh Tao, so be sure you pack that camera with you before you head over. From this spot, you’ll be able to catch a breathtaking 180o view of “Ao Chalok Ban Kao” and the Shark Bay.
- FIZZ Beach Lounge: A beachside bar where you can immerse yourself with the evening romance of Koh Tao while taking in the cool ocean breeze and enjoying a glass of cocktail before heading on over to the party.
- Koh Nang Yuan: If you’ve explored every nook and cranny of Koh Tao, then hop on a short boat ride to Koh Nang Yuan nearby and give its renowned white sand beach a visit.
JIVE GARDEN 14 | Pai
This winter season, the legendary Warmup Café pub of Chiang Mai will be joining forces with the Tourism Authority of Thailand for the “Jive Garden 14” music festival on January 18, 2020, at Viewpoint Pai. This year’s concept of “Good Vibe Good Friend” invites everyone to bring forward the good things from last year and continue them with this fresh new year.
The lineup that will be featured at the event this year includes over 40 names across 3 stages led by FIIXD, MEYOU, Gavin D, Young Ohm, Two Popetorn, Ink Waruntorn, Earth Patravee, and many upcoming new faces like Junlaholaan, Taitosmith, Apirom, while the DJs will include Nengnoi, Pharaoh Roxx, Underrate, Ju Sound Element, and many more!
There will also be over 30 food stalls on-site for you to conveniently pick and enjoy and a selection of fashion and shops where you can pick out a few souvenirs. More importantly, there will be a KID ZONE where your children can have a great time with all the playthings and inflatable castle.
Part of the proceeds from the event will be donated to a hospital, help fund in-school learning activities for the Anubanpai School, and support the forestation of Pai as well. So not only will be bringing back good memories from Pai, but you’ll also be leaving smiles on the faces of the locals as well.
Tickets are now up on sale for 600 THB. Be sure to check out the Facebook Warmupcafe Chiangmai for more information on the event.
Check-in Worthy Locations in Pai
As one of northern Thailand's most unseen locations, Pai is a heaven on earth for lovers of nature and mountainous scenery. Here are some places you need to visit when in Pai:
- Sai Ngarm Hot Springs: As the winter breeze lingers during the early days of January, hopping into a natural hot spring may be a wonderful idea.
- Pai Canyon: As one of Pai’s most popular tourist spots, the scenic Pai Canyon offers exciting hiking trails and a 360o view of the valley below.
- Yun Lai Viewpoint: If you want to catch a breathtaking view of the iconic “Sea of Mist” that often blankets the city of Pai, then this is the place to be.
Nanglen Music Festival 5 | KHAO YAI
Nanglen Music Festival is back again for the 5th year in a row as one of the most anticipated live music events in Thailand. This year, Chang Music Connection invites all you music lovers to come out once again to enjoy an evening of delightful music among the comfort of nature at The Ocean Khao Yai on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
As with every year, this year’s artist lineup is a dream come true for fans on Thai music. The list includes Da Endorphine, Aof Pongsak, Singto Numchok, KLEAR, 4 Podum, Atom Chanakan, STAMP, Lipta, MEAN, and Kacha. With over 10 hours of non-stop music on the schedule, you’ll be sure to drive home after the concert feeling fulfilled for the entire year.
Don't worry if you think you won't be able to stand through the entire 10 hours as there will be up to 4 seating zones for you to find your spot including a mat zone, chair zone, haystacks zone, and a zone where you can just lie down and enjoy yourself. There will also be a generous selection of street food stalls and food trucks that'll be sure to cover all your cravings. If you decide to go green and bring your reusable utensils and containers, you'll be receiving a special discount on all food and drinks throughout the event.
Other amenities include a huge parking space for over 6,000 cars, clean bathrooms, rest areas, 20 entry lanes (no long queues guaranteed), cold towels, and in-event activities like face painting and photo booths.
If you don’t want to miss out on such an amazing event, then head on over to Allticket and grab yours today. Regular passes are 2,500 THB a piece while the VIP passes are 3,500 THB. Alternatively, you can show a bottle cap of the Chang mineral water to receive an exclusive discount where the regular ticket will now be 1,500 THB and VIP at 3,000 THB. Discount will be available only at 7-Eleven from today until 17 January 2020.
Check-in Worthy Locations in Khao Yai
The weather is always great in Khao Yai during the winter season. Be sure to stop by these places to make the best of the wonderful weather.
- Palio Khao Yai: This popular attraction and community mall takes inspiration from ancient Italian architecture, so you don’t need to take a flight to catch a glimpse of European artistry. Inside, you’ll find a fine selection of restaurants, café, souvenir shops, and photo-worthy spots where you’ll want to take a snap or two.
- The Bonanza Exotic Zoo: Built on over 40 acres of land, the Bonanza Exotic Zoo offers you a chance to get up close with several rare animals including red pandas, white lions, alpacas, miniature horses, and many more. The layout allows you the take a nice 700m stroll around the vicinity feeding animals while enjoying the delightful mountainous scenery and weather.
- PB Valley: Spanning almost 1,000 acres across a valley, the vineyard offers tours of their cellars and wine tasting sessions among the vastness of nature surrounding the area.
MAYA Music Festival | Pattaya
MAYA Music Festival 2020 Powered by KING POWER is celebrating its fifth anniversary soon with a bigger-than-ever production. For the first time ever, Thai party lovers will be able to join this world-class, mega music fest! The event is set to take place at Maya Space in Pattaya, which spans over 300 rais, on January 31 - February 1.
Enjoy four genres of sets across four stages: Live Stage, EDM Stage, TRAP Stage, and Pool & After Party Stage (for aged 20 and up only). Judging from the lineup alone, we’d say ravers should get ready for a full-blown blast. Expect the likes of DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs 2019, such as R3HAB (#14), Alan Walker (#27), and ILLENIUM (#64).
They’ll be joined by Kodaline, LANY, Suede, Shura, Headhunterz, Jai Wolf (DJ Set), Cesqeaux, GRAVES, Lady Faith, Said The Sky, VINAI, ADOY, and H 3 F.
MAYA Music Festival 2020 promises to provide amenities like RV Camping, MAYA Market, and MAYA Food, as well as other exciting activities. Workshops, face painting, fortune-telling, and booths from various sponsors can provide festival-goers with quality entertainment.
Don’t want to miss this kind of cool event? Grab your tickets now on Mayamusicfestival or on Thaiticketmajor. A standard GA 2-Day Pass costs 3,900 THB (for aged 13 and up), while the GA + Pool Party 2-Day Pass will set you back 5,115 THB (for aged 20 and up only).
Check-in Worthy Locations in Pattaya
Pattaya is one of the most popular tourist destinations outside of Bangkok. Aside from all the nightlife and parties, there are also countless activities and attractions for you to explore in this seaside city.
- Cartoon Network Amazone: This family-friendly water park features water rides, pools, a 23.4 tall water slide, and a food village that offer many international food items that you can enjoy after your thrill ride.
- Pattaya Sheep Farm: Pattaya’s largest sheep farm gets you up close with all the fluffy sheep as well as all the other farm animals. There’s also a horse carriage that’ll take you around the farm, animal shows, fairytale town, and a steakhouse where you can have a pleasant meal before heading over to the party.
- Pattaya Beach: It wouldn’t be a complete trip to Pattaya if you didn’t set foot on a beach. Pattaya Beach is one of the more famous beaches in Pattaya and welcomes countless tourists from all around the world every year.