3 Road Trip Worthy Events Happening In Thailand This August 2018
With the raining season coming to a close following August, celebrate the exciting return of the tropical sun by going on an exciting road trip with your mates! Here are three upcoming events in three very exquisite locations that we believe will keep the cheery vibes going all month long!
Backstage Festival 2018 (Koh Samui)
In return for their second annual event, the W Hotel hosted Backstage Festival presents an international and regional lineup of headliners this coming weekend. The two-day celebration will be held at the W Koh Samui’s Mega Area on the 3rd and 4th of August from 6PM till 2AM. Acts on the billing include Thaitanium, Mendy Indigo, DJ Dede, T Gecko and Dj Tobi on the first day, and Tensnake, Armando Mendes, Darragh Casey, DJ Orawan and many others!
Ticket prices start from 700 THB per day and are available on Eventpop. One complimentary drink and free shuttle services from Chaweng come with the purchase of an admission pass.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Koh Samui:
- Visit the Angthong National Marine Park, located a mere boat ride away from Koh Samui island. The park boasts a lush variety of nature and wildlife - and visitors are able to enjoy diving, kayaking, boating or simply relax along the shores!
- Marvel over one of Samui’s most popular landmarks, the big Buddha, which sits at over 12 meters high! Stalls selling souvenirs line the area, perfect if you're looking for a local gift.
- Explore the picturesque Namuang Waterfalls, with a name that takes after the purple surface of the rocks’ faces. Accessible by hiking a short distance, it’s a great alternative to a beach day!
Kolour Beachside Party (Pattaya)
Pool parties are definitely aplenty in a country like Thailand — renowned event organizers Kolour are aiming to kick it up a notch by bringing the music to the beachside of Pattaya! With a venue set at the newly renovated Ibiza themed pool club “Fat Coco” fit with a dance floor in the center, you bet the party won't stop! Acts on the lineup include a live set by X0809, Dan Buri, ATMA, Soi Dogs, Coran, Alex Fischer, Koish and Maarten Goetheer.
Tickets are currently on sale at 850 THB online and 1,100 THB at the door. Special hotel packages are also available for purchase at rates between 1,000 to 10,000 THB with the application of code AONEKOLOUR.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Pattaya:
- Spend a day relaxing at the award winning Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden, and have a picnic among the beautifully crafted gardens and water fountains.
- Step up your Instagram game at Art in Paradise, where life sized optical illusion paintings of scenarios instantly transforms the walls, making your photos look like you’re standing within a 3D structure!
- Fuel your adrenaline ziplining at Flight Of The Gibbon! Located a little outside Pattaya, the three kilometers zipline course and abseiling stations will provide an immense amount of fun for solo travelers and families alike. No to worry - their safety track record is impeccable!
Singing In The Rain (Nakhon Ratchasima)
Chang Music Connection’s 2018 edition of Singing in the Rain Music Festival is set for the 25th of August at the Rancho Charnvee Resort and Country Club in Nakhon Ratchasima. Gates will open 3PM with the show starting at 4PM till 1AM. The third annual “good old days” themed event has Thai music fans rejoicing as popular acts The Toys, 25 Hours, Stamp, Superbaker, UrboyTJ, Wan Thanakrit, Ink Waruntorn, Earth Patravee, Image Suthita, Polycat, and Slot Machine are set to perform throughout the day.
Tickets are currently on sale at 1300 THB on All Ticket with a promotion from Siam Commercial Bank for the purchase of group tickets.
Here are some of the things you could do while in Nakhon Ratchasima:
- Visit some of the most impressive Khmer ruins in Thailand at Prasat Phimai. Originally built as a Mahayana Buddhist temple, the grounds carry Hindu symbolism that was later adapted onto the world renowned Angkor Wat.
- Take a stroll along the Lam Takhong Dam which was built in the 1970s as an irrigation system for the local farmers. The spot is popular among people looking to sit back, relax and enjoy the gleaming sunset over the horizons!
- Shop your heart’s desire at the city’s most popular night market “RN Yard” for food, souvenirs and small trinkets to bring home. The market comes alive after the sun sets at around 7PM daily.