4 Thailand June-July Music Events That Are Worth The Trip
Pack your bags and hop into the car! Here are 4 perfect excuses to take a road trip outside Bangkok in June-July 2019.
As the mid-year months arrive in full, the rain starts to pour in metropolitan Bangkok. Sure, it’s a relief when the showers cool things down. But truth be told, during sunnier days the weather is still way too hot and humid.
It seems like this is the perfect opportunity for young people (like us) to go out and explore new territories outside of the rain-soaked urban jungle.
Luckily, there’s a bunch of fun events happening not too far from Bangkok in June-July 2019. They’re eager to welcome you and your friends, so grab your bags and start driving out on the road.
Most locations on our list are a few hours drive from Bangkok, which makes them the perfect escape from the bustling City of Angels. Why not take a trip for a few days and get yourself energized?
To help you shortlist the highlights, here are four amazing music festivals. Save the dates, pack the bags, and hop right into the car with your gang!
Sai Noom Concert On the Beach | Cha-am
SNOWY WEIZEN and Heavy Organizer are taking music lovers on a mellow musical journey at Sai Noom Concert On the Beach, which claims to be “even softer than the sands”.
Enjoy a chill & chic concert with sands running through your toes at beachside Pla Tuu Restaurant on June 15 (Sat). The lineup will take you on a smooth musical sail, featuring The Toys, Nont Tanont, Singto Namchok, Max Jenmana, Greasy Cafe, Violette Wautier, and Ink Waruntorn.
To turn up the beat, there’s an after party where you can dance the night away. The party will be led by Twopee Southside, a.k.a. Coach Tong Twopee from The Rapper. His performance starts after 16.00. The breezy beach party requires a dress code of pastel, white, and cream. So if you’re going, make sure to pack at least one outfit that fits the bill. Tickets are available now for 1,200 THB through All Ticket service at 7-Elevens.
There’s a lot more to Cha-am than sandy beaches. Try visiting these amazing locations and enjoy the activities there for a change:
- Marvel at the mixed Thai-Western architecture of Phra Ratchaniwet Mrigadayavan, or Mrigadayavan Palace. This summer palace was built entirely with golden teak wood during the reign of King Rama VI.
- Santorini Water Park lets you enjoy delicious meals with a side of a trip down giant water slides. Don’t forget to get some photos in the beautiful white & blue shopping village; the place can almost transport you to Santorini, Greece for real.
- Located in Amphoe Tha Yang is Chang Hua Man Royal Project - a farm estate of the late King Rama IX and an agricultural learning & tourism center. Learn about Thai agriculture while enjoying cycling and tram rides through the fields. Over 400,000 m² of breathtaking farmlands means there are plenty of photo-ops to take.
- Swiss Sheep Farm is a euro-country sheep farm that allows you to feed and pet adorable lambs, horses, and alpacas. Enjoy an up-close encounter with furry friends in a quirky farm setting.
- Khao Nang Panthurat Forest Park features a character from Thai classic literature, Sang Thong. Through its nature trails highlights, the park tells the tale of Nang Panthurat - the giantess who’s the antagonist of the story.
Knock Knock Festival 2019 | Pattaya
Some were lucky enough to join the phenomenal EDM countdown last year - Knock Knock Pattaya Countdown 2019 - and couldn’t get enough of it. Many unfortunate others, however, missed that chance.
Whatever the case was for you, it’s time to get excited. That kind of thrilling entertainment is coming back very soon!
The grand music festival - Knock Knock Festival 2019 - is happening on June 28-29 (Sat-Sun) at Maya Space, Pattaya. Ravers, get ready to shuffle to blood-pumping sets by world-class headliners from various styles.
The army of DJs is led by the world’s #2 DJ - Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - followed by R3hab, DubVision, GTA, Junkie Kid, Pegboard Nerds, Retrovision, VINAI, and Wh0.
They’ll be supported by regional DJs such as Andy W. & MC Simon Y, Len.C(十二) & Mr.Eazy, Mr.Hai & L Young, and TiGer & L6ON. Let’s make some great memories together at this massive festival, which spans over 480,000 m².
Tickets are currently available for 3,200 THB (GA 2-day pass). However, group tickets boast a much better deal at 2,667 THB per pax with a ‘Buy 5 Get 1 Free’ promotion. Don’t know where to stay yet? You can get the hotel package for 8,400-12,000 THB.
As one of the cities that never sleep, Pattaya is brimming with activities to enjoy from morning to midnight. Other than hip nightclubs and bars, don’t forget to check out these highlights:
- Chill out and enjoy lunch at one of Jomtien Beach’s seaside restaurants.
- Pattaya Floating Market is a one-stop spot for all your snacks and shopping needs. Get a taste of treats from Thailand’s four regions; just the thing to bring home to your friends and family.
- Wonder at the peculiar museum of Ripley’s Believe It or Not, which has several attractions and over 300 oddities on display.
- Khao Phra Tamnak Lookout gazes over downtown Pattaya and the beach that stretches into the horizon. After an exhausting day, it’s a great spot to get a lungful of fresh air.
- The 3D art museum ‘Art in Paradise’ features giant 3D illusion paintings all over the venue. Stop by and post some surreal photos for your social media friends to see.
Mon Rak Pak Nam Pran | Pranburi
Down in Prachuap Khiri Khan, an ultra-chill event is about to hit the beach town of Pranburi on July 13 (Sat). Get ready for the music festival ‘Mont Rak Pak Nam Pran’, which will take place at Khao Kalok Beach, Amphoe Pranburi.
Several of Thailand’s top artists will be taking over the stage with their passionate and spellbinding performances. The names include Cocktail, Stamp Apiwat, Pu Pongsit, Joey Boy, Singto Namchok, T-Bone, and Silly Fools.
Also joining the event is The Paradise Bangkok Molam International Band - a contemporary Molam band that has achieved global fame. With a lineup like this, expect to be up on your feet and dancing all night. But you’ll be too taken with the rhythm to be tired, we’re sure of that.
The festival is also bringing in mouth-watering menus and amazing local craftwork for you to enjoy eating and shopping. The calm ambiance of Pranburi’s beaches is so uniquely enchanting, you can’t help but fall in love with it.
What’s more, a percentage of the proceeds will be put towards scholarships for students in poverty in Pranburi schools. So other than quality entertainment, you’re paying in forward for the children’s education as well.
Want to join this cool event? Tickets are available now for 1,000 THB. (It’s ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’ until July 7.) Purchase them online on Eventpop or through All Ticket service in 7-Elevens.
Pranburi is much more than a quaint, seaside town. If you’ve got the time, don’t forget to check out these landmarks:
- See Wat Khao Kalok’s intricately detailed architecture and take in the 360° view on the Khao Kalok Lookout.
- Take a stroll through the 200-year-old Pranburi Market (Pranburi Walking Street). The market has been established since the times of King Rama V. What with rows of aged, wooden buildings, the area resonates with old world vibes that’ll please any hipster tourists. And of course, there are food, souvenirs, and other knickknacks you can take home as well.
- Pranburi Forest Park is a can’t-miss for those in tune with nature. At this ecotourism destination, you can learn about the ecosystem of mangrove forests and natural resources while walking through the thickets and tree canopies on the 1-kilometer boardwalk.
- Feast on delicious seafood at the Pak Nam Pran Fishing Village. The area is teeming with restaurants which serve fresh ingredients at budget prices. It’s also the best place to get processed seafood products - like dried squid, dried shrimp, and kapi paste - to bring home.
Khanom Festival | Nakhon Si Thammarat
Even further down south is Nakhon Si Thammarat. Though the province isn’t exactly ‘close’ to Bangkok, we think everyone will get a pocketful of happiness nevertheless.
Khanom Festival: Seven Paradise is the 7th installment of one of southern Thailand’s biggest beachside concerts. It’ll be hosted on Na Dan Beach, Amphoe Khanom on July 27.
Organized by Khanom Tourism Association, the event has been bringing exciting shows and energy-packed performances to the town for seven years.
The 2019 event promises to up the ante with grander stage production and a lineup of Thailand’s big-name artists. Expect the likes of Bodyslam, Max Jenmana, Violette Wautier, Slot Machine, OG-ANIC, LAZYLOXY, Highhot, Oat Pramote, Nont Tanont, DJ LP X MC P-RADA, DJ A-TIP X DJ BIRDKID X MC Marco, and DJ YUKIE X MC PAM.
They’ll be there to splash a full blast of fun for the tourists visiting this charming seaside town.
If you’re not afraid of jumping into the crowd, get ready. Grab your tickets now for 1,500 THB (Regular) and 1,200 (Pre-regular, limited number).
- Take a breather and dip your toes into the Fish Spa Pool at Suan Ta Swan to get a ‘fish pedicure’. The place also serves tasty meals you can enjoy in the tranquil natural garden.
- Located near Suan Ta Sawan, Grand Canyon Khanom is one of the more popular landmarks for photos. The sight of stone pillars rising out of the earth surrounded by emerald waters is simply breathtaking.
- For the evening, why not dine at the seaside restaurant Summer Beach? The venue is well-known for its great ambiance.
- Breathe in the sea air and snap a photo as a souvenir at Talet Bay Pier. The wooden fishing pier stretches far into the sea, allowing for a spectacular 360° view of the bay.