5 Aug-Sep 2019 Music Events You Should Hop into the Car For
Tired of spending the weekend at the same old venues in Bangkok? Try taking your friends on a short trip - a few days in a new city might just give you the boost you need to recharge your personal battery.
But if you’re all set and ready to go, but have no clue where to, we’re here to help! Here are five upcoming events happening this August & September 2019.
On our list are beachside parties, music festivals, and incredible shows by international artists. Plus, they’re not too far from Bangkok, so you and your friends can head to these destinations while still enjoying your time on the road.
Where and when are these events happening? Check out the time, date, and place and get right to packing and hopping into the car with your friends!
W Vibes Beach Festival I Koh Samui
W Hotel invites hip-hop lovers to their brand-new ‘concert on the beach’ experience. W Vibes Beach Festival is happening on August 2 on W Hotel’s private beach on Koh Samui.
Headlining the event are Twopee Southside, followed by international hip-hop DJs such as DJ Master D & MC Unda, Graham Gold, Armando Mendes, and DJ Dede.
The show starts at 6pm, and the entry is free if you join the party before 8pm. After that, it’s 400 THB per pax (with one complimentary drink). And heads up, fans of Twopee Southside; VIP packages come with a slot at the meet & greet with Tong Twopee.
Tickets can be booked directly with W Hotel Koh Samui. The event is reserved for adults aged 20 and up only.
There’s a lot to see and do in Koh Samui. Besides enjoying the party itself, don’t forget to drop by these hotspots :
- Spend a day out on the sea sailing in Mu Ko Ang Thong, which consists of 42 large and small islands scattered in the Gulf of Thailand. Explore the lush nature, sparkling clear waters, white sands, and a myriad of local flora and fauna. Notable stops include Koh Phaluai, Koh Wua Ta Lap, Koh Mae Koh, Koh Tai Plao, and Koh Wua Kantang.
- Take in the bird’s eye view of Koh Samui from Lad Koh Viewpoint. Nestled on a hill between Chaweng and Lamai Beach on the main road, the spot offers the best view of the islands encompassed by bright blue sea.
- Snap a sneaky selfie with the famous “Hin Ta Hin Yai” at Lamai Beach; the strange rock formation is a result of the granite being eroded by seawater. Hin Ta (“grandpa rock”) is a granite boulder that resembles the male genitalia, while Hin Yai (“grandma rock”) is its female counterpart.
- Admire the magnificent Phra Yai or Phra Buddha Kodom. Sitting serenely in the Mara Wichai posture, the golden Buddha statue is located at Koh Fan’s “Big Buddha Temple” or Wat Phra Yai - Koh Samui’s most famous temple.
Built in 1972, the statue is recognized as the largest Buddha statue in Thailand’s southern region at 10 m wide and 12 m tall.
Da & Palmy Exclusive Concert I Pattaya
Two of Thailand’s top female artists performing on the same stage isn’t a sight you get to see every day. Da Endorphine and Palmy join together on a special show to whisk music lovers away. Their voices are the ones that Thai fans have known and loved for more than a decade.
MYTT Beach Hotel Presents Da & Palmy Exclusive Concert is taking place on August 3 at MYTT Beach Hotel’s Vertical Ballroom. Enjoy premium service and an exclusive setting where you can get up-close and personal with the artists like never before.
Tickets are now available on the MYTT Hotel website. Early bird prices are set at 12,000 THB (4-pax VIP table), 8,000 (4-pax regular table), and 2,500 THB (per pax). Those who wish to get a double fill of sweet, hair-raising tunes better hurry; tickets are limited to only 800 seats.
Pattaya is a tourist hotspot and a well-acquainted destination for most party-goers. But aside from hip bars and nightclubs, the city can offer other fun experiences such as the following:
- Warm up, or cool down, during the day at Ramayana Pattaya Waterpark, where you can splash around the mega water park that spans 160,000 m². Set as an ancient city hidden among an evergreen jungle, the park features a man-made beach, a wave pool, and a wide range of attractions from kiddie swings to heart-stopping water slides.
- Take a stroll in Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Pattaya - a 2.5 million m² park which boasts an extensive collection of plants from all over the world. It features over 20 different zones; Dinosaur Valley, Mammoth Garden, and Riverside Garden, to name a few. This means there are plenty of opportunities for insta-worthy selfies!
- Observe peerless craftsmanship that goes into the construction of Sanctuary of Truth. Occupying over 120,000 m², the all-wood castle is the largest of its kind in Thailand. It’s also named one of ‘Unseen Thailand’ attractions. The building’s interior is adorned with intricate wood sculptures that not only are pleasing to the eyes but also convey key Buddhist ideologies.
- Get up-close and cuddly with baby and full-grown tigers at Tiger Park Pattaya, where you can pet and take pictures with big cats. While you’re there, why not chill at the cafe and feast on Thai food buffet with the venue’s exclusive deals.
SangSom Presents Single Festival 2019 | Udon Thani
Be careful with this one; you might return home #NotSingle! SangSom proudly presents Single Festival 2019: Udon Thani - Thailand’s currently biggest singles’ party. To mark the 7th anniversary, the organizers are kicking it up a notch for all the single people who are looking forward to making great memories at the event.
The festival is set to take place on August 10 at Central Plaza Udon Thani and features a phenomenal lineup. Expect the likes of Thaitanium, Mild Band, and The Parkinson to give you the time of your life with their energetic performances.
Sooo tired of being single? Grab your tickets now for 350 THB on the Single Festival website and All Ticket at 7-11s. Don’t forget to follow the dress code to let other singles know where to look; black if you’re single and white if you’re taken. Note that the event is for adults aged 20 and up only.
Even better, the thrill of Single Festival 2019 won’t conclude with its Udon Thani installment. The organizers are bringing the festival to singles all over Thailand; in Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Phitsanulok, and Chiang Mai, to be exact. If you’re looking for some non-stop fun, keep an eye out for more details on future happenings!
Get ready to be charmed by Isaan region’s magnificent sights and more at these spots in Udon Thani:
- They say you haven’t arrived in Udon Thani if you haven’t seen the “Red Lotus Sea” or Nong Han Lake. Despite its name, the freshwater lake is actually covered in red water lilies. Boat rides are a must, as you’ll get a 360° view of the pink blossoms. It’s best to visit the lake in early to late morning, when the lilies are at their most beautiful bloom.
- Learn about Thailand’s ancient civilization at Phu Phra Bat Historical Park or Phu Phra Bat National Park, which occupies over 5 million m² of Phu Phan Mountains. Scattered around the area are uniquely-shaped rock formations caused by natural erosion.
- Get a lungful of fresh air at Phu Foi Lom - one of Udon Thani’s major forest areas and main source of its freshwater. At this ecotourism destination, you’ll find a botanical garden showcasing Isaan local flora. Its ‘ancient world’ park features dinosaur statues and museums exhibitions of prehistoric animals.
- Take a more academic turn into Ban Chiang National Museum. At this archaeological site and learning center, you can find out about the life of human ancestors, going as far back as 5,000 years ago. The permanent exhibition displays everyday tools, cultural knowledge, and ancient wisdom.
Lil Jon & Wiz Khalifa at Illuzion | Phuket
To double up on the fun, the uber-cool nightclub Illuzion Phuket is gearing up for two epic hip-hop events.
On August 13 (Tue) is a spectacular show from Lil Jon, Illuzion Show & Discoteque “Lil Jon”. The rapper/DJ won a Grammy in 2004 and brought us the all-time party hit “Turn Down for What (Feat. DJ Snake)”.
Later, on September 12 (Thu), enjoy an exclusive concert by the world-famous rapper, Wiz Khalifa at Iluzion x #Absolutnights Present Wiz Khalifa.
Both events are expected to be a blast with blood-pumping sets packed to the brim with the artists’ greatest hits. Hip-hop fans can jump to hot beats like “Shots (Feat.LMFAO)” and “Yeah! (Feat.Usher, Ludacris)” at Lil Jon’s show.
Meanwhile, Wiz Khalifa is ready to take his fans on a musical trip throughout the night with dope tracks like Billboard Hot 100’s top rank in 2011, “Black and Yellow”. Others include “Remember You”, “We dem Boyz”, and his 2015 hit, “See You Again”, which won Top Rap Song at Billboard Music Awards 2016
If you don’t want to miss their live performances, be sure to get your tickets to Illuzion Show & Discoteque “Lil Jon” now, starting at 700 THB. As for Iluzion x #Absolutnights Present Wiz Khalifa, the price is set at 1,600 THB.
Nowhere to stay yet? No worries! You can get a hotel & ticket package for about 3,500 THB on the Eventpop and Airasia Redtix websites. Note that both events are reserved for adults aged 20 and up only.
Phuket has a lot to offer! If you’ve got some time pre- or post-party, don’t forget to check out these points of interest:
- Chill out on the sandy and breezy Patong Beach, where you can lounge in the sun and swim in the clear blue seas. Plus, watching international eye candies while relaxing by the beach certainly can’t hurt.
- We’re sure hipsters would love Phuket’s old town district - home to rows of colorful Sino-Portuguese buildings. Take a camera and wander around the city to see the preserved architecture and explore the local cuisine while you’re at it.
- Satisfy your adventurous spirit by snapping some iconic shots with the planes at Mai Khao Beach - Phuket’s longest beach and one of its most famous ‘Unseen Thailand’ landmarks. Due to the proximity to the airport, you’ll get an up-close view of the flyby right over your head.
- Other than the azure ocean, Phuket also has quite a few waterfalls. Immerse yourself in the island’s nature and splash around Kathu Waterfall. The small waterfall features three tiers with plunge pools. There are also nature trails that take you through the tranquil and verdant forest.