3 Road-Trip Worthy Festivals Outside of Bangkok Happening This March 2020!
It’s time to get packing once again for an unforgettable road trip outside of Bangkok to these 3 events in March!
February is another month that is usually packed with events both inside and outside of Bangkok. Being the month of love, there was nothing short of concerts, events, and parties specially organized for you and your loved ones to enjoy. Now that most of it has passed, most of us are considering resting while we all wait to have a blast in celebration of the Songkran festival this year.
If you think about it, however, all that anticipated holiday festivities is still over a month away. While we all wait for the summer holidays to roll around, why not organize a short weekend road trip this March? We've got for you 3 exciting events just outside of Bangkok, including concerts and beachside parties, where you and your friends will enjoy it!
Furthermore, all these following events are conveniently located next to the top tourist destinations in Thailand, so be sure to save some time from the trip to visit some of the most beautiful locations Thailand has to offer.
Now let’s go see what we’ve got in store for you!
Sunset Beach Music Festival 2020 | Cha-Am
Back again for its 5th year with Thailand’s largest beachside Reggae-Ska music festival we all know and love like Sunset Beach Music Festival 2020!
This year, HEAVY Organizer, the brilliant minds behind this event, will be setting things up at the beach of Platoo Restaurant in Cha-Am (Petchaburi) on Saturday, March 7, 2020. The festival will feature 12 well-known Reggae-Ska artists of Thailand, including legends like T-Bone and Job2 Do as well as fan favorites like Srirajah Rockers, Taitosmith, Mocca Garden, and Junlaholaan.
The list continues with names like Deep ‘O’ Sea, Miraculous, 4e Rastafari, Gold red, The super Glasses Ska Ensemble, The Paradise Bangkok Molam International Band as well as international acts like Faygo meets Judean Kong from France and Otonotabicrew from Japan.
Topping off the marvelous line-up will be several hand-picked DJs including MASIA ONE, KELLY K, ALPHA SICK & JAHDED, OKBI IYAH, STICK KEYS that are guaranteed to give all of you an unforgettable night.
Being a beachside event, the organizers have called for a dress code that includes bikinis, summer dresses, and beachwear. Aside from heating things, dressing light will keep you feeling fresh and free as you let loose in the beach sand through the night.
If you’ve never been to any edition of this event since 2016, this is the year to make it. We can guarantee that this will be a breath of fresh air from the hectic city life and that you'll have nothing but beautiful memories to take home with you. Tickets are now up on sale at Allticket, all 7-11 stores in the country, and through the official Sunset Beach Music FestFacebook page. You can grab them for a special price of 750 THB (from the full price of 900 THB) only up until February 29, 2020!
Check-In Worthy Spots in Cha-Am
Before you head on over to the party, why not take it easy during the day and explore what Cha-Am has to offer?
- Take an ecotourism journey at Sirindhorn International Environmental Park and refresh your mind among the beauty of their mangrove forests, beach forests, and natural habitats of all kinds of wildlife.
- You can start the day early and witness all that nature has to offer at the Kaeng Krachan National Park that covers over 700,000 acres of land. Considered one of the most popular national parks in Thailand, you can get lost in the beauty of multiple sightseeing spots including the summit of Khao Phanoen Thung, Kaeng Krachan Dam, and Thor Thip Waterfall.
- Visit the Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park, a piece of historical gem that was built during the reign of King Rama the 4th. Being located on the hill overlooking the city, you can catch a breathtaking view of the city and ocean from the top.
Thaibreak Festival 2020 | Koh Mak
The hidden paradise on earth we all know and love is back once again this year with Singha Music Presents Thaibreak Festival 2020. The upcoming 4-day festival will be the 3rd edition of an unforgettable experience that will take place between 19-23 March 2020 on the enchanted island of Koh Mak.
Open to only 500 local and regional guests, this party of a lifetime will be as exclusive as it gets. Additionally, the 100 holidaymakers on the 22nd Thaibreak annual escape trip from Europe will be joining you on this tropical dream come true as well!
Aside from all the island hopping, beach parties, beautiful sunsets, delicious local food, and relaxing massages, you can expect melt into a healthy dose of House and Techno music all day long. This year's lineup will consist of the finest, world-renowned artists including Oliver Koletzki, Felix Kröcher, Township Rebellion, Tobi Neumann. Niko Schwind, Marco Resmann, Hidden Empire, Annett Gapstream, Sam Shure, Domenic D'agnelli, Meat, Chris Di Perri, and Christian Prommer.
Several local acts including Chamapoo, DOTT, IYY, Jirus, Junesis, Koish, Marmosets, and Superstar Panda will also be putting on a show and taking over the stage this year.
Tickets are now for sale starting at 3,900 THB and are available on Megatix and Thaibreak-Festival. As mentioned above only 500 tickets are up for grabs to those outside of the Thaibreak holiday crew, so be sure to get one as soon as you can!
Check-in Worth Spots on Koh Mak
Koh Mak is known for its pristine beaches and beautiful blue sky. To make sure you get the most out of your stay, here are a few things you can do outside of the 3 days 4 nights of non-stop party.
- Take a short boat trip out to Koh Kham, a small island near Koh Mak known for its fine white sand beach, stunning clear blue water, and an unmatched view of all the natural tranquility over the jungle-covered mountains.
- Explore the “Sea Safari” at Koh Kradad, another island just a short boat ride from Koh Mak. Aside from all the peace of nature and the pristine white sand beaches, you catch a sightseeing ride to see hundreds of natural deer that have made the island their home.
- Take a walk down the Ao Suan Yai Beach, one of the two most popular beaches of Koh Mak located on the Northwest part of the island. Aside from the crystal clear water, the beach adorned with stretches with coconut and pine trees, making for the perfect island getaway photo.
Movie on the Beach | Hua Hin
Chang and Major Cineplex joins forces to bring all of you music-lovers and movie-goers the 8th episode of Movie on the Beach called "FriendTastic Beach" on Saturday, March 28, 2020, on the Huahin Pattaya Ferry Pier at Khao Takiab.
This year's line up will consist of nothing but top-tier talents of Thailand including STAMP, Da Endrophine, Da Boy Way & Djay Buddah, and Instinct as well as some rising rap stars from YUPP! including LazyLoxy, Maiyarap, Blacksheep, and Ben Bizzy.
As if the exceptional line-up is not enough, the organizers are going all out by open up the doors to this event for free! Even more, the first 888 people who make it to the event before 18:00 will be rewarded with 1 free movie ticket for the event and set of gifts to take home.
Not only that, but you can also sign up for a lucky draw event for a chance to win several other attractive prizes as well! Be sure to give the Movie on the Beach Facebook page a follow for the latest news and updates.
Check-in Worth Spots at Hua-Hin
Hua Hin, aside from its beautiful scenery and peace, is best known for being one of the few premier vacation destinations just a couple hours away from Bangkok. For this trip, let’s stop by some of the trending cafes and restaurants high on everybody’s list this 2020:
- Take it easy during the day at Skoop Beach Café, a beachside establishment that offers all sorts of food and drinks as well as an unrivaled ocean view that café hoppers would love.
- Stop by for lunch at The Chocolate Factory, a restaurant located at the heart of Hua Hin that serves up some of the best Italian, Thai, and Seafood dishes alongside a laid-back atmosphere. Also, don't miss out on their signature Chocolate Bon Bons where you can pick from over 40 different flavors.
- For dinner, we recommend Big Fish & Bar, a romantic fine-dining locale inside the Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa. Best known for their delicate touch and taste of their food made by a Michelin-Starred chef crew, you can have your pick from a selection of Thai, Western, Fusion, and Seafood and enjoy the night away.